YCH lays bricks in India
Published: May 10, 2010
India - YCH's new 525,000 DistriPark in the Chennai Special Economic Zone (SEZ) is expected to boost vendor-managed inventory for companies tapping on the growing potential of SEZs in India.
"YCH sees the existing challenges related to warehousing infrastructure in india as an opportunity to build a network of key DistriParks across the country to facilitate end-to-end logistics and SCM services for world-class companies like Dell," said Dr Robert Yap, chairman and CEO of YCH Group.
The launch is also symbolic of YCH's commitment to the Indian market, and the growing number of customers looking to expand in the populous country.
The facility is also the first in India to be awarded the Gold Status for Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) by the Indian Green Building Council. Its prime location within the Chennai SEZ and close proximity to other nearby SEZs is a feature advantage, YCH believes, as the SEZs have an estimated year-on-year growth of 53% driven mainly by the electronics industry.
Managing people? For HR and leadership strategy, Human Resources has it covered.
Get your marketing department up to speed with Asia's most read marketing site
- YCH Group
YCH Group Related Stories:
- Logistics and manufacturing entrepreneurs bag awards
- Shanghai Lingang Logistics Park turns on RFID
- YCH gets certified
- Motorola and Y3 to develop RFID solutions for YCH
- Local 3PLs a threat to big boys?
- Singapore, Zhejiang cooperate on logistics
- YCH expands in China
- [The Jolt] Video: How to keep SC costs down
- YCH adds 6
- YCH opens Korea office
- YCH begins Vietnam operations
- Harnessing technology for supply chains
- YCH breaks ground in China
- YCH plans its next step
- YCH grows Down Under
- JV to boost supply chain solutions
- 3PL sector sees frenzied activity
- Is logistics more fun in China?
- Singapore sets up Supply Chain City